Before we collaborate and before you hire me, I want you to read the following Terms and Conditions:
When you hire me to write for you, you agree that you have read and agreed to these terms and conditions.
Please note: My terms and conditions may change without prior notice.
- Before I begin the work, I want a written confirmation letter by email from you in which you will state that you’re ordering work from me and that you agree with the quoted fee.
- Before I begin the work, I will require 50% deposit of the agreed total fee from you. This is non-negotiable and non-refundable. I won’t begin the work until I receive the payment. You will receive an invoice for that.
- I accept payment only by PayPal or bank online transfer. I do not accept cheque payments or Demand Drafts.
- Should you choose to cancel a scheduled project after the work has begun, the deposit will not be refunded.
- For retainers or monthly packages, please contact me.
- Should there be any change in scope of work as opposed to the original, the project brief and quotation that has been agreed will be considered invalid, and additional fees/charges will be applied to cover my time and expenses. A new quote will provided and will need to be approved and a revised deposit paid before I restart my work.
- Irrespective of whether you’ve changed your mind and don’t want to use the copy, final payment will also invoiced and will be expected to be paid.
- Any work written will be my property until all outstanding amounts are paid in full. The same applies with regard to Copyright. You will retain the copyrights to the written work only after you pay the outstanding amount. So, until I receive full payment, copyright of the work remains with me.
- I will communicate only through emails and/or Skype. I will not communicate via Whatsapp or text messages.
- I do not encourage requests for samples before discussing your projects with me. They will be ignored. This is to protect my clients’ business interests.
- Any emails proposing a rate before I ask questions or quote my rate will be ignored.
- Rush fees are applicable for rush projects. Rush projects in this case means you need the job done within 3-5 days including weekends.
- You have to provide a screenshot/copy of your payment via email before work can start and after the work has been completed. That is the proof of payment.
- I shall share the continuous work process via Google Docs through which you can access the work and suggest revisions and changes.
- If you require revisions or changes to my written work, I’ll complete them promptly at no additional charge. Such revisions will be valid for 14 days of your receipt of the copy. Failure to provide feedback and changes within 14 days shall be considered as approved work.
- Once I complete your project, I would appreciate if you give me the opportunity and permission to display and/or link to your completed project as part of my web portfolio.
- I cannot promise that the work will be continuous or be free of errors. However, I’ll make every effort to proofread and check the work I submit to you.
- I cannot guarantee that the copy will be free of any typographical, grammatical or factual errors.
- I will supply the final copy in the form of a Word document. The final copy will be proof-read and spell checked.
- You agree to check every word in the copy.
- When writing web copy and/or web content, I will recommend appropriate royalty-free photos from photo stock sites. However, I’m not responsible for purchasing them.
- I’d be happy to sign any confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement if need be.
- I will not sign non-compete agreements.
Now that you read my T & Cs, what next?
Ready to hire me? Cool! Go to my Contact Me page and fill in your details.